The Parelli Program teaches people to look at life from the horse’s point of view. Learn how to use communication, understanding and psychology to solve problems and bring out the best in your horse! Safety and confidence for horse and human are number one!
This is a people training program focused on the study of horse behaviour and horsemanship skills. We teach in four distinct areas of learning, that we call the Four Savvy’s. Two areas are on the ground; Online and Liberty and two are in the saddle; Freestyle and Finesse.
The cornerstones of the program are dedication to never-ending self-improvement and an acknowledgement that the improvement of the horsemanship is a lifelong pursuit for those passionate about the horse.
The program encourages students to develop creative problem-solving skills and think in a lateral manner, while taking the nonverbal feedback and expression of a horse into consideration.
What we offer:
- A purpose built facility, for horses and humans to learn lifelong partnership skills.
- A supportive team, lead by highly trained coaches Parelli Professionals that will enable you to become the leader,
horse handler, trainer and rider your horse needs.
- Our teaching is based on you understanding ‘horse behaviour’ and learning how to ‘read a horse’ your horse!
- Become part of a community of horse lovers that support each other, some students have recreational goals others have more specific competition or higher level aspirations, everyone is welcome!
- A range of events from one day Workshops, two day Clinics, week long Courses, Club Days for designed for Savvy Club Members to use the Centre, Free Member Appreciation Days, Open Days, Kids Clinics and Free Demos!
- Neil Pye, Pat & Linda’s most Senior and experienced Instructor, is your resident Head Coach.
- All events held at the Centre are sanctioned Parelli Natural Horsemanship and have Pat Parelli’s endorsement. The Centre is also offers training for those aspiring to become instructors and offers existing Parelli Professionals opportunities for continuing education.
- You live in a distant location and need would like some ‘hands on’ coaching with Neil? Is that’s the case, talk to us and learn more about our Custom Clinics and Courses.
Meet the Team at the Centre!
Neil Pye, Resident Instructor
Neil Pye was one of Parelli’s inaugural Course Instructors teaching throughout Australia, NZ and the US from the mid 90’s. What makes Neil unique is he did not come from a horse training or equestrian background, he is a product of this Parelli Program and is now world-renowned teacher, educator and presenter who has influenced and shared this methodology globally. He is a natural ambassador for the horse, for the people that love them and natural horsemanship. One of his career highlights was in 2005 when he led the presentation alongside Pat Parelli for her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, at the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace.
After being based for 13 years in the US with Pat and Linda Parelli, Neil has now returned to Australia and is based at the Sydney Parelli Centre, and is the resident Instructor.
Neil has the rare ability to decode and demystify horse behavior, he develops confidence in horses and humans, helping students understand life from the horse’s point of view while keeping the study of horsemanship fun and entertaining.
Sam is originally from England, but has been in Australia since 2005. She got back into horses in 2009 after a very long gap, and realised that she didn’t know much at all about what makes a horse tick. So that’s why she started investigating the Parelli Program.
Sam joined Parelli Australia in November 2014 working part time, helping the team with membership calls and enquiries, and supporting Neil & Sue for the 2015 Live shows with Pat & Linda. In June 2016, Sam came on board full time, leading the team at Wilton.
Sam’s Equine partner for the past 12 months is Betty a 5 year old Standard bred mare. Sam says: She is a fantastic mare to play with. She is always reminding me I have to stay present at all times. Sam and Betty have endurance as their purpose, so you may see her out and about on some Endurance tracks around NSW.
Susan (Sue) Shoemark
Parelli has been a vehicle that has provided an amazing adventure for Sue!
Since her first Clinic with Pat Parelli at Bowral, NSW in 1991, she has journeyed from student, to volunteer, promoter, employee and always a passionate advocate of the Parelli Program! This voyage has taken her along with her husband Neil all over the world, being based in all three regional locations; the USA, UK & Australia, providing the opportunity to work with amazing individuals, creating a treasure trove of memories.
Now back based at home at the Centre, she is as passionate as ever about supporting dedicated students in their journey to become the ‘best that they can be’ with horses and in life in general.
Head of Security
Resident ~ Shares Love, Love, Love!