What do we do?
Parelli Natural Horsemanship’s goal is to help raise the level of horsemanship worldwide for the benefit of horses and the people who love them.
The Parelli Program is a people-training program focused on the study of horse behavior and horsemanship skills. The program spans Four Savvys, or areas of development, through four distinct levels of skill improvement.
The cornerstones of the program are a dedication to never-ending self-improvement and an acknowledgement that the improvement of horsemanship is a lifelong pursuit for those passionate about the horse.
The program encourages students to develop creative problem-solving skills and think in a lateral manner, while taking the non-verbal feedback and expression of the horse into consideration.
There is no other place like the Parelli Centre. Everything is set up in a way to accelerate your savvy and challenge you to grow mentally, emotionally and physically.
We are dedicated to your natural horsemanship education and your progress at every turn.
Where are we based?
- Our purpose built Centre is at 50 Lisa Road, Wilton, NSW 2571, just 30 mins from Wollongong, Camden, and Bowral.
One hour south of Sydney, one hour north of Goulburn and 2 hours north of Canberra.
- From Sydney take the M5 which becomes the M31 (Hume Highway) at Narellan, follow this road until you reach the Wollongong / Picton exit (Picton Road exit 88). Turn left onto Picton Road and then take the third left into Macarthur Drive, large sign saying Wilton, Appin & Douglas Park. Take the first left into Lisa Road, on the right hand side, turn into the driveway with the Parelli sign
- From Melbourne (south) take the M31 (Hume Highway) take the Picton/Wollongong exit. Turn Right onto Picton Road and take the third left into Macarthur Drive, large sign saying Wilton, Appin & Douglas Park. Take the first left into Lisa Road, on the right hand side, turn into the driveway with the Parelli sign
- From South Coast find your way to Wollongong then onto the Princess Highway then turn left onto Picton Road, follow until you see the Wilton, Appin, Douglas Park sign, turn right onto Macarthur Drive. Take the first left into Lisa Road, on the right hand side, turn into the driveway with the Parelli sign.
What's at the Centre?
- Professional Horse Pens & Yards
- Round Pens,
- A Large Sand Confidence Arena
- Large Main Arena
- A purpose built honeycomb Arena
- A Playground with Obstacles & Jumps
- Bush, trails & natural obstacles
- A dam to swim your horse
- Camping (non- powered sites)
- The Lodge
- Kitchen facilities
- Showers, toilets
- Classroom-enjoy the library of Savvy Club DVD’s
- A Community for Horse Lover’s
What is the difference between a Workshop, Clinic & Course?
Workshops are always One Full Day!
Clinic Two or for the more advanced Three Days…
Courses… 5 days or More……
What’s the best Clinic / Course for me?
To ensure you book into the right clinic for you are with your horse, talk to us 02 4630 9443 we are here to serve and set you up for success!
I’m very nervous and lacking in confidence. I don’t want to be made to jump or canter.
No one is made to do anything they don’t want to do. Safety and confidence are a priority; we ask everyone who attends to have an open mind and prepare to be stretched in a way they feel they can. It is very common for people to exceed their own expectations.
What paperwork do I need to bring?
What’s included in my Course Fee?
For Clinic’s the fee includes tuition for the two days plus your horse board!
Please BYO lunch! On Saturday evening of a Clinic, we will have a Pot Luck Dinner that wish to attend. It’s a fun way to get to know each other and enjoy amazing food….
For week long and longer Courses, the fee includes Tuition, and Horse Board and Lunch! Yeah….
What time does it start?
Good question…. best to check with us….
What do I need to bring?
- Sunscreen and Chapstick
- Fold up chair
- Hat and sunglasses – for the glare and UV protection
- Rain Gear – rain coat, hat, gumboots
- A note book and pens
- Water Bottle – reusable
- Reusable coffee/tea cup
- Insect repellent
- Riding clothes and layers of clothes – Whatever you usually ride in – jeans, jodhpurs, boots, long and short sleeve shirts etc
- Suitable footwear for riding – This would include shoes with flat soles and a heel. The Parelli program is very much about safety with horses and this is simple requirement to make sure we succeed.
- Riding Helmet
- Grooming kit
- Water and Feed Buckets – also remember to bring your own horse feed
What equipment will I need?
Remember that “Prior and proper preparation prevents ‘p’ poor performance!” Be prepared for everything.
- Halter & Lead Rope
- Carrot stick and String if available
- Saddle, Saddle Pad, Girth
- Hackamore, and/or Bridle
How many people will be there?
There will be a maximum of 14 horses and riders on the course/clinic. There may also be some horseless students who spectate during our weekend clinics.
I have a young horse can I bring them?
Yes! Of course…. Talk to us….. We would love to set you up for success!
Where does my horse stay?
A pen or yard will be assigned to you on arrival for the length of your clinic/course; cleaning of your yard will be your daily responsibility, thank you! Please come prepared to use your horse float as your tack room and as storage for horse feed.
Where will I stay?
We have one self contained apartment at the Centre, if you wish to secure please book when you book your rider position.
Suitable for one person, a couple or 3 friends (if you get on well)! Private kitchen & bathroom. Special rate if you bring your own linen!
Camping is available on site. Please book your sites when booking your course or clinic.
We have kitchen facilities at the Centre, along with clean loos and super hot showers and Savvy Club DVD’S to watch in the evening!
APPIN is only a 10 minute drive away with a Budget Motel and a more luxurious B&B!
BARGO 15minutes away with Caravan Park with onsite vans
Picton Valley Motel
Phone: 02 46772121 Approximately 20 minute drive from the Centre
Mowbray Park Farmstay Holidays approximately 30 minutes away
Phone: 02 4680 9243 www.farmstayholidays.com.au Email: Mowbray@farmstayholidays.com.au
Mittagong Caravan Park
Phone: 02 4871 1574 Webiste: www.mittagongcaravanpark.com.au
Pepper Tree Ridge B&B Phone: 02 4677 3285 Approximately 25 minute drive Mittagong
Novotel Wollongong Phone: 02 4224 3111 Hotel Accommodation one the beach, approximately 25 minute drive
Is there WiFi?
There is FREE wireless internet access in the Lodge and around the student area.
Where is the closest ATM?
At the Shell Wilton which operates 24/7, 5 minutes from the Centre
Where is the nearest service station & shops?
Our closest Petrol station, is the Shell Wilton 1109 Argyle Street, Wilton, NSW 2571
Phone: 02 4630 9455. They are open 24 hrs, this is also where the ATM is!
An IGA, Bakery & Chinese Restaurant is just a few minutes from the Shell Wilton at Bingara Gorge!
Appin, is 10 minutes from the Centre with the ‘best’ Bakery and Butchery in the district and a larger IGA and more restaurants!
You can't get to the Centre and would like Neil Pye to come to your area!
If there is just no way you can make it to the Centre and would like Neil to come to your area and present a Clinic or Course, then give us a call!
+61 2 46309443 let’s discuss the possibility of a Custom Clinic or Course!
How do I find an Instructor in my area?
To find an instructor near you Click Here