What do we do?
The Parelli Program is a people-training program focused on the study of horse behavior and horsemanship skills. The program spans Four Savvys, or areas of development, through four distinct levels of skill improvement.
The cornerstones of the program are a dedication to never-ending self-improvement and an acknowledgement that the improvement of horsemanship is a lifelong pursuit for those passionate about the horse.
The program encourages students to develop creative problem-solving skills and think in a lateral manner, while taking the non-verbal feedback and expression of the horse into consideration.
There is no other place like the Parelli Centre. Everything is set up in a way to accelerate your savvy and challenge you to grow mentally, emotionally and physically.
We are dedicated to your natural horsemanship education and your progress at every turn.
Where are we based?
- Our purpose built Centre is at 50 Lisa Road, Wilton, NSW 2571, just 30 mins from Wollongong, Camden, and Bowral.
One hour south of Sydney, one hour north of Goulburn and 2 hours north of Canberra.
- From Sydney take the M5 which becomes the M31 (Hume Highway) at Narellan, follow this road until you reach the Wollongong / Picton exit (Picton Road exit 88). Turn left onto Picton Road and then take the third left into Macarthur Drive, large sign saying Wilton, Appin & Douglas Park. Take the first left into Lisa Road, on the right hand side, turn into the driveway with the Parelli sign
- From Melbourne (south) take the M31 (Hume Highway) take the Picton/Wollongong exit. Turn Right onto Picton Road and take the third left into Macarthur Drive, large sign saying Wilton, Appin & Douglas Park. Take the first left into Lisa Road, on the right hand side, turn into the driveway with the Parelli sign
- From South Coast find your way to Wollongong then onto the Princess Highway then turn left onto Picton Road, follow until you see the Wilton, Appin, Douglas Park sign, turn right onto Macarthur Drive. Take the first left into Lisa Road, on the right hand side, turn into the driveway with the Parelli sign.
What's at the Centre?
- Professional Horse Pens & Yards
- Round Pens,
- A Large Sand Confidence Arena
- Large Main Arena
- A purpose built honeycomb Arena
- A Playground with Obstacles & Jumps
- Bush, trails & natural obstacles
- A dam to swim your horse
- Camping (non- powered sites)
- The Lodge
- Kitchen facilities
- Showers, toilets
- Classroom-enjoy the library of Savvy Club DVD’s
- A Community for Horse Lover’s
What is the difference between a Workshop, Clinic & Course?
Clinic Two or for the more advanced Three Days…
Courses… 5 days or More……
What’s the best Clinic / Course for me?
I’m very nervous and lacking in confidence. I don’t want to be made to jump or canter.
What paperwork do I need to bring?
What’s included in my Clinic or Course Fee?
For 3 day Clinic’s the fee includes tuition for the three days plus your horse board for the two nights!
Please BYO lunch! On Saturday evening of a Clinic, we will have a Pot Luck Dinner that wish to attend. It’s a fun way to get to know each other and enjoy amazing food….
For week long and longer Courses, the fee includes Tuition, and Horse Board during your time at the Centre and Lunch! Yeah….
What time does my Clinic, Workshop or Course start?
What do I need to bring?
- Sunscreen and Chapstick
- Fold up chair
- Hat and sunglasses – for the glare and UV protection
- Rain Gear – rain coat, hat, gumboots
- A note book and pens
- Water Bottle – reusable
- Reusable coffee/tea cup
- Insect repellent
- Riding clothes and layers of clothes – Whatever you usually ride in – jeans, jodhpurs, boots, long and short sleeve shirts etc
- Suitable footwear for riding – This would include shoes with flat soles and a heel. The Parelli program is very much about safety with horses and this is simple requirement to make sure we succeed.
- Riding Helmet
- Grooming kit
- Water and Feed Buckets – also remember to bring your own horse feed
What equipment will I need?
- Halter & Lead Rope
- Carrot stick and String if available
- Saddle, Saddle Pad, Girth
- Hackamore, and/or Bridle
- Riding Helmet if you intend to ride
How many people will be there?
I have a young horse can I bring them?
Where does my horse stay?
Where will I stay?
We have one self contained apartment the Horse Haven Hideaway onsite, if you wish to secure please book when you book your rider position.
Suitable for one person, a couple or 3 friends (if you get on well)! Private kitchen & bathroom. Special rate if you bring your own linen!
Camping is available on site. Please book your sites when booking your course or clinic.
We have kitchen facilities at the Centre, along with clean loos and super hot showers and Savvy Club DVD’S to watch in the evening!
Camping not for you? Then we have plenty of options –
Bargo Motor Inn
www.bargomotorinn.com.au recently updated and refurbished, hearing good reports and 15 minutes from the Centre.
Picton Valley Motel
Phone: 02 46772121 Approximately 20 minute drive from the Centre
Mittagong Caravan Park
Phone: 02 4871 1574 Webiste: www.mittagongcaravanpark.com.au
Novotel Wollongong Phone: 02 4224 3111 Hotel Accommodation one the beach, approximately 25 minute drive
Is there WiFi?
Where is the closest ATM?
Where is the nearest service station & shops?
Phone: 02 4630 9455. They are open 24 hrs, this is also where the ATM is!
An IGA, Bakery & Chinese Restaurant is just a few minutes from the Shell Wilton at Bingara Gorge!
Appin, is 10 minutes from the Centre with the ‘best’ Bakery and Butchery in the district and a larger IGA and more restaurants!
You can't get to the Centre and would like Neil Pye to come to your area!
+61 2 46309443 let’s discuss the possibility of a Custom Clinic or Course!